Kinetics Dance Theatre
School of Contemporary Dance
We’re grateful to be able to open our digital doors in order to keep our beloved dance community moving, learning, and connected to one another at this time. We invite you join the movement by signing up for live zoom classes and utilizing our free video library and other resources!
Join your classmates and teachers in live, interactive virtual classes presented via zoom!
We’re thoughtfully re-imagining our class formats and material and discovering the amazing capabilities of technology to bring us together. Virtual classes will provide students of all ages and levels the opportunity to learn and progress, a sense of normalcy and routine, a meaningful chance to connect with classmates and teachers, and a temporary bridge until the time we are able to dance together in the studio again!
Rates & Billing
No fees | $12/hour flat rate
5 week billing periods; Visit the Tuition & Fees page to view billing dates and periods
30min classes…$6 per class / $30 per billing period
60min classes…$12 per class / $60 per billing period
How it works:
1. Register via StudioDirector at least 24 hours prior to the class.
2. Look to receive an email with zoom registration/access links. You will use the same link each week to join class. Be sure to save this email! Zoom tips and trouble-shooting
3. Designate your dance space! Choose an open space free of obstacles and be sure to do a safety scan ahead of time (minimize sharp edges, precarious items, wandering pets, etc, and pay special attention to floor surfaces: even and firm but non-slippery is best). Try to minimize noise and distractions. Tips for setting up an at-home tap floor
4. Wear dance attire or comfortable clothing for movement and be sure to have a phone, tablet, laptop, desktop, or even a smart TV, and reliable internet access.
5. From the access email generated by zoom, click on the link to join class. 5 minutes early is best!
6. While you are welcome to take pictures and/or videos of your dancer participating, recording the screen in any way is prohibited. Please be sure that other on-screen participants are not included in recordings.
7. If you do take pics and/or videos, we encourage to you post and share! We would love to see our dancers! Be sure to tag us on social media: on instagram @kinetics_dance_theatre facebook: Kinetics Dance Theatre, #KDT, #kineticsconnected #Kinetics_Dance_Theatre
Instructional Video Library
Built with contributions from our amazing KDT faculty, this video library is intended to provide you with a wealth of at-home practice and instruction guides you can do anytime, anywhere.
How to use the library:
- Visit the site anytime to select a video. Choose an appropriate level and genre, clear a space in your home (most phrases are designed to be possible in smallish spaces, but be sure to remove unsafe obstacles!), warn your family members (or invite them to join!), and get moving!
- Visit us on facebook and/or instagram to see the videos as soon as they’re posted each Monday.
- Post a short video of your participation to share on facebook or instagram. Be sure to tag us! @kineticsdance.org #KDT and #KineticsConnected
New instructional videos posted every Monday for Movement Mondays!
Ms. Gina’s Modern Phrase
Ms. Lauren’s Modern Warm-Up
Ms. Lauren’s Intermediate Adult Tap
Ms. Jodi’s Adult Ballet
Ms. Sarah’s Ballet Barre
Ms. Teresa’s Modern Swing Combination
Ms. Colleen’s Tap 2/3 Combination
Ms. Colleen’s Advanced Tap Combination
Ms.Pam’s Floor Warm-Up
Ms. Liz’s Seated Spinal Modern Exercise
Ms. Liz’s L3-5 Modern Floor Exercise
Ms. Liz’s L3-5 Modern Tendu
Ms. Gina’s Pre-Jazz/L1 Jazz Combination
Ms. Colleen’s Tap 2/3 Paradiddle Combination
Ms. Colleen’s Tap 2/3 Essence Combination
– Keep up with daily dance news by following Dance Edit on Twitter or completing an email subscription.
– Our favorite educational dance books come from Human Kinetics. Informative and easy to read. You can’t go wrong with any of their options!
Outside Instructional Videos
– Free limited access to stage performances of Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater.
– Dancing Alone Together is a multi-media platform to keep you connected to other dance artists around the globe.