Kinetics Dance Company
Kinetics Dance Company is a professional contemporary dance company presenting work in Howard County, the Baltimore/DC area, and the greater mid-Atlantic region. Through its major concert work, featuring unique and innovative choreography, the company strives to engage audiences with it’s work. The company also presents an annual Family Concert Series geared particularly towards introducing young people to dance through story-telling. Kinetics Dance Company is led by Artistic Director Lauren Tait.
Company Auditions are held in July and occasionally dancers are accepted mid-year. Interested dancers should contact Lauren Tait for more information.
Dance Artists Co-op Class
Thursday Mornings at Kinetics: Kinetics Dance Company partners with LucidBeings Dance to host FREE weekly classes for it’s members as well as regional professional artists. More information here.
The 2019-2020 Season
Tuesday, July 24th, 5:30pm- Professional Co Meet and Greet Happy Hour/Fundraiser at White Oak Tavern. Fundraiser runs all day; happy hour gathering for fun. 10% proceeds donated to the Company.
- Saturday, October 19th – Fall Performance, 8PM @ Jim Rouse Theatre ATTEND
- Sunday, March 1st – “Peter & the Wolf;” Family Concert Series @ Howard County Center for the Arts Blackbox Theatre, 1pm and 3pm
- Saturday, May 9th, 8pm – Spring Performance @ Baltimore Museum of Art
- Friday & Saturday, April 3rd & 4th – guest performance with Bowie State University Student Dance Performance
- Sunday, May 31st, 1pm & 5pm – Guest appearance in KDT School Year-End performance
- Look out for additional dates as they are added! The best way to keep up to date is to follow us on facebook.
Audition Announcement for the 2019/2020 Season
Kinetics Dance Theatre is seeking male and female artists to join its professional company for the 2019-2020 season. Dancers should be skilled in modern/contemporary dance with a strong base in ballet; other styles are a plus. Strong partnering skills and interest in/ability to explore movement possibilities and convey concepts are a must. Kinetics is based in Ellicott City, MD and performs throughout Howard County and the DC/Baltimore region. Rehearsals occur once per week on loosely alternating Thursday evenings (7:15p-10p) and Sundays (9a-1p) throughout the performing season which runs September-June. Performance venues include the Baltimore Museum of Art, Jim Rouse Theatre, and Slayton House Theatre. Paid performances and free classes/training for professional company members. Auditions Wednesday, July 31st Registration 6:00-7p Audition class 6:30-8:00p Interested Artists should bring or send ahead a resume and head and/or dance shot. For questions or to request additional information for prospective dancers, please contact Artistic Director Lauren Tait at [email protected]
Elizabeth Saltmarsh Wilson